The following career opportunities are available
Front-end development teacher
CodeSpace is growing rapidly and so is the team. We are looking for someone to join our small team who has a passion for front-end web development and for imparting their knowledge to others.
What you will be doing
- Teaching front end development, not teaching from the front of the class but rather working with students to find answers and solutions.
- Developing one of CodeSpace’s many web portals. This would be your opportunity to keep your skills sharp and implement fresh techniques.
- Refining lessons and assessments.
- Delivering an engaging learning experience.
- Ensuring learning outcomes are recorded for each learner.
Start Date: Feb 2017
Employment type: Contract
Renumeration: Market related CTC
What you need to know
- HTML – A solid grounding in implementing compliant HTML.
- CSS – Ability to write custom styles and implement frameworks eg Bootstrap, skeleton, underscores. LESS/SASS compilation and an understanding of their features. A practical understanding in building responsive websites.
- Collaboration – GIT
- Build systems knowledge (Grunt, Gulp etc.) will also help.
- CMS – Experience in WordPress would be beneficial.
- Teaching – Be able to teach and explain these concepts in a way that is simple.
- Prior tutoring/training experience; ability to explain complex concepts simply; ability to lead a class.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Provide police clearance.
- Teachers can be male or female.
Our vision and values
- Our first responsibility is to ensure every learner in our program feels challenged and supported in his/her learning; that each learner realises his/her potential to manifest change.
- To do that, we are committed to a culture of innovation and excellence. We value collaboration and openness.
- We believe in the strength of the collective: one person’s success is everyone’s joy; one person’s failure requires everyone’s support.
- We value holistic wellness with the understanding that if each individual seeks mental and physical well-being this results in the optimal functioning of the collective.
- We believe each learner has the potential to be responsible and respectful. We will not tolerate a failure to accept responsibility nor a lack of respect for others.
- We are committed to an equitable society and creating a racially and culturally diverse learning environment. We will work to dismantle euro-centric education and structural inequities within our society.
What are we looking for in a team member?
- Passion for education 100%
- Collaborative mindset 100%
- Ability to partake in office banter 85%
- Love of good food 75%
- Core strength 70%
- Grit and tenacity 100%